COVID-19 (Coronavirus) FAQ's
We are very happy to welcome you back
Our stores are open with you in mind. We’ve been working hard to create a safe environment for our customers and colleagues so you can feel comfortable and shop safely with us.
At Stokers, for 125 years, our mission has been to deliver a customer experience deserving of recommendation – and rest assured, that will continue. During these unprecedented times the health and safety of our customers, colleagues and communities is our first priority.
FAQ's - Please see below frequently asked questions:
- Is your store open and what safety measures have you implemented?
Yes, following updated government guidelines our showroom reopened Monday 12th April 2021.
We have been working hard to create a safe environment for our customers and colleagues as keeping everyone safe is our priority. Some of the measures we have put in place include:
- Temperature checks of all staff are taken every morning before work
- Instructing staff not to attend work if they (or anyone in their house) are displaying Coronavirus symptoms
- Asking staff to regularly wash their hands
- Having several hand sanitiser stations in our store
- Regularly cleaning high contact areas
- Installing signage to remind everyone to respect each other’s space, keep 2 metres apart and sanitise their hands.
Our showrooms are spacious and have the benefit of only a small number of customers at any one time. To be extra safe we will limit the number of customers within our store (if necessary) to provide you plenty of space to browse. Safe social distancing guidelines require an area of 12.5 sq m per person. The great news is that in our store you will have at least 5 times more space because we are allowing every customer 62.5 sq m. and every family group 125 sq m.
The measures we have put in place mean that we go above and beyond government secure guidelines and the British Retail Consortium’s recommendations.
Phone: 01422 882591
Email: [email protected]
Q. I have been contacted about arranging delivery of my furniture
We will continue to deliver as normal throughout the lockdown so your furniture will be delivered to you shortly.
Q. I placed an order but have not been contacted regarding delivery?
Please be reassured your order remains of the utmost importance to us and is in the pipeline. Please bear with us during these unprecedented times, you will be kept up to date with your order.
If you want to get in contact regarding delivery please email [email protected] with your name, postcode and order number.
Q. What precautions will your delivery teams be taking to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Our delivery teams take the health and safety of our customers very seriously:
• Any staff with symptoms of COVID-19 or any staff who live in a household with someone with symptoms are instructed not to come into work.
• We issue strict instructions on good hand-washing techniques and provide employees with hand sanitiser.
• Our employees will wear disposable gloves and face masks when making deliveries to your property.
• We will maintain a 2m distance between us during delivery and would be grateful if you could respect this too.
• We will not carry out deliveries to households who are self-isolating
Q. I had a home visit booked?
The Technician’s visit will continue as normal. However, if you want to rearrange you can contact us on [email protected] if you have any queries, please don’t forget to include your name and postcode.
Q. Is my deposit safe?
Please be reassured we have been a family business for 60 years and during this time we have bought our store, warehouse and vehicles. Unlike others, this means we don’t have expensive rents to pay. In our opinion we are the UK’s most secure furniture retailer.
Sincere thanks for your patience and continued support during this time.
Please take care and stay safe.
Please take care and stay safe.
Alan Raybould - Store Director